A little about the places I visited:
1. Delfshaven: This is a small area in Rotterdam that has been preserved since the days of the first Pilgrims to America.
2. Euromast: A "tall" tower where one can get a 360 degree view of the city.
3. Rotterdam zoo: The most eclectic collection of animals I've ever seen. I basically saw all the animals that were featured in "The Lion King", "Madagascar", "Tarzan", and "Finding Nemo". Pretty cool!
4. The Hague Historical Museum: This museum features paintings of the history of the Hague and its residents. It also has a really gross exhibit of the tongue and finger of the De Witt brothers, murdered by the towns folk and their bodies mutilated.
5. Binnenhof: A meeting location for the Dutch parliament since the 1400s. Within its grounds include Knights' Hall, a castle of the Earls of Holland built in the 13th century.
Instead of boring you with a lot of writing, here are pictures!
|Store located within Haagsche Bluf shopping centre. It's the only building that's not a replica of Jugendstil buildings.|
|A couple cool buildings I saw on my way to the Euromast tower.|
|The cube houses of Rotterdam - Kubuswoning|
|I cooked the chicken and the broccoli. :D|
|View from the top of the Euromast|
|The last example of this type of shopping arcade in the Netherlands. These were popular in both American and European cities in the late 1800's.|
|A building that survived WWII in Old Haven, a neighborhood in Rotterdam. Most of Rotterdam was decimated during the war and only a handful of buildings survived and still stand today.|
|Keep your old art guys! It may be worth a lot of money someday. This was done by the artist Isaac Israels. His first charcoal drawing which he created when he was 11. Not bad!|
|Knights' Hall within the Binnenhof|
|Oldest inn in the Hague|
|"Soft Drugs Prohibited". Does this mean I can snort my cocaine?|
|Escher at The Palace - the residence of Anthony Patras, a delegate of Friesland to the States General. I don't know who Anthony is but Napoleon spent a night here once when he was in town visiting his brother!|